4-2-10 NEW: Head coverings worn for religious reasons shall not be made of abrasive or hard materials; and must fit securely.
Rationale: This rule addition will allow student-athletes to express their religious beliefs through the wearing of headwear without the approval from the state.
4-2-11 NEW ARTICLE: In addition to the above permitted uses, state associations (or designee) may on an individual basis permit a player to participate while wearing a head covering for medical or cosmetic reasons if it is required by a licensed physician. A physician’s statement is required before the state association can approve a covering which is not abrasive, hard or dangerous to any other player and which is attached in such a way it is highly unlikely that it will come off during play.
Most Recent Articles
- Different Types of Returns (Return to Music Resources)
- Key Groups and Stakeholders (Return to Music Resources)
- Title IX Milestones: Female Athletes Reach Stardom Thanks to CIF T&F Championships
- nfhs newsNFHS Joins White House Effort to Encourage COVID Vaccinations
- 2021 Virtual National Student Leadership Summit